Monday 27 October 2008

Training

Training is going well-ish. I've been working on the absolute basics by myself recently, i.e. making a proper cover in frontale from tutta porta di ferro and porta di ferro la mezana. Likewise from chingiale cutting upwards with sottano reverso. Might sound daft but last time I had a lesson with Guy, it became horribly obvious I was flapping, making too large movements, and putting my whole body in to getiing my sword to move. NOT a nice thing to find out. I thought I had these skills down pat. Obviously not :-(
Guy said to use my fingers/wrists to effect small snappy movements. After working on this for the past week, it makes good sense and really work. I just have to learn to relax more so that I can keep moving.....hmm another problem to work on..

No comments:

Post a Comment